Monday, March 11, 2013

March: Part of some of her letters 2013

March 4, 2013     Here are some parts of Shaleah's Letters 

Hello hello!!

Another week has come and gone.  Its been a wonderful one though.  Today for preparation day we all went to the beach.  I am racing the clock for time because we are at one of the bus stops, and are waiting for the next bus and can not miss it... so sorry if its scattered.  


The beach was absolutely gorgeous!! We played soccer, and kick ball, and just relaxed.  I was able to read a little bit as well.  Our search for happiness is such a good book!  Ill try to send some pics.


Well my companion and I are still trying to get to know the area better.  It was such a tender mercy, the other night we were looking for this house, and could not find it.  So we were just asking every other house... and in one street we were able to set appointments with 3 different people! What a tender mercy.  We will go back to visit them this week, I am pretty excited.  The directions here are hilarious... I might have told you about them last week-  but we have this directory and the directions and literally -  25 meters from the corner.-  ... uh,  what corner?   or-  2 houses down from the park...  all we can do is laugh.  


Also while we were looking for the house the other day we were able to find this house with like 3 families living there.  All of which are interested in learning more about the gospel.  Carmen, and then her sister Ida, and their children.  They are wonderful, and I am excited to get to know them better.  


  So the other day my companion and I went to go visit the Branch President.  We barely caught the bus.  I turned to my companion and asked where he lived.  She started laughing and said she knew the city, and that was it.  As I walked down the isle this lady started talking to me.. I could not understand a word.  So as usual I smiled and kept walking.  Come to find out, she was the wife of the branch president.  


Also as my companion tells me, I have become famous.  Every morning we go to the park and I just run around and exercise... We were able to get into a couple houses because They recognized me as the gringo that was running around at the park. Whatever works right?


I am so very grateful for my Savior.  I know that he lives.  I see his hand my in life every day.  As I have been getting to know the people more and their individual needs, my testimony of the fact that we are all Children of God has grown immensely.  And that he loves everyone of us.  


Church is one of my favorite parts of the week.  The people here astound me with the examples of faith.


I love you all!  And hope that all is going well




March 11, 2013



The weeks fly by so incredibly fast here.  Some of the happenings of the week...


Piano.  Who would of thought that I would be teaching piano classes?! Not I.  Well between my broken Spanish  and my companions help with translation we have successfully taught a couple this week.  More children are supposedly coming this week... It will be an adventure, that's for sure.  But a fun one. Also my companion and I met a lady named Vilma.  She is teaching us how to make pinatas and what not.  She really is the nicest lady.  This last time her husband was home, and of coarse we always sneak in the doctrine here and there.  But her husband turned to us and started talking about the different religions, and asked us to teach him about ours.  Of coarse we so graciously accepted.  The Lords certainly does direct our paths, I have a testimony of that.  We still do not know the area very well.  So we are spending the majority of our time here... ´Hupe bueno´ ing.  Here you dont knock on the doors... You yell ´hupe bueno´.  Or hit the metal fences with rocks.  anyways it has been a good way to get to know the area, and have gotten to know some wonderful families and people.  

One of the most spiritual experiences for me this week was when we found a lady named Siada.  She graciously accepted to hear our message.  We sat down, got to know her a little bit, and sang a hymn.  Talked briefly about the Love that the Lord has for us... Then ended with a prayer.  As we sat there is silence, I could feel the spirit ever so strong.  In that moment, the night became one of peace.  I know that the Lord Loves us ever so much.  

We also brought Carmen, and her daughter Brittney- and Ingre, tatianna, keyria, Jesus, Valinta, and Camilla and then Lilianna to church.  It was such a wonderful Sunday to have them there with us.  Haha I was put in charge of the nursery- junior primary after sacrament. .  Oh my heavens, just imagine me with over 10 little ones, 2 of them crying for there moms and me not knowing Spanish very well.  It really was quite funny.  But in the end we some how talked about what we were grateful for and had somewhat of a lesson.  I then realized the importance of having back up lessons at church!!  

Also, Lilliana has a baptismal date!! Which is so exciting.  SHe is a wonderful Lady, with a strong testimony of the Lord.  I am grateful for her example.

1 comment:

  1. I copy and pasted parts of her letter, and I can not figure out why it comes out this way on the post. Sorry that it is so difficult to read.
    -Kathy-

    ReplyDelete