Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dear Family of mine.

Well, once again- I hope that you had a wonderful birthday Seth!  24, right?? que viejo...

What a wonderful week it has been! I was going to send pictures, but I forgot my camera card reader in the house.  This morning we went and played soccer with the zone.  It was really fun, I hadn't played for a while.. but I think we are going to start it up in the ward on Saturdays.
So much has happen this week- where to start? I am loving my area- it really is so beautiful!  And my companion is wonderful.  We pass the week working hard and laughing together.  :)  its a great mix.

Well, I guess one of the best news and blessings that we have seen is that Jimmy and Adriana are PROGRESSING! but wonderfully! When we taught them the restoration... I felt like they were teaching us.  Adriana said something to the affect of-  we knew that we needed to change something to bring more peace in our lives- because we are not attending a church.  Jimmy looked up and said- we weren't attending a church... now we are.   My companion and I couldn't help but just smile! They love the church! They actually shared the experience that their relationship was on the rocks, but since we found them, and they have been coming to church... everything has changed.  That is the blessing of the gospel.

We found another family as well!  Alejandro and Karin.  We had the first lesson with them this last week.  I felt like we were just jumping around in the lesson... we couldn't find their need.  I was praying so hard in my heart that we could find it... when we invited them to church, and talked about the sacrament.  Come to find out (I don't know how well you know the catholic religion... I've  become pretty pro) If you are married in the church and your spouse cheats, or abuses you... it doesn't matter.  You can divorce.... but you CANNOT marry again in the catholic church.  (unless you send a whole long letter to Spain and it takes like 15 years supposedly).  And so you can be married civilly- but that doesn't count.  You are living in sin... and you cannot participate in the sacrament.  Well, Alejandro was married before and his wife was unfaithful- So they were divorced and he married Karin... but they have been -living in sin-.  We were able to teach and testify that families can be eternal! And just all of the blessings that we receive.  Well the next day we see  him.. and he said to us- I have to be honest with you guys (we froze)  My wife and I talked and we are really really interested... and want to be a part of your religion.  And we want are children to be a apart of you church... and one day we want to be sealed as a family!

There aren't words that describe the feeling of hearing someone saying that.  I love being a missionary.  And I love inviting people to come unto Christ.

Love you all!

Hermana Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment